Skip to main content

10 reasons Why I'm Single.


1. My entire college life has been an evolution of me learning to accept my awkwardness after several attempts of failing to get rid of it . Also I pride the fact that I'm super weird. Not every guy gets this. 96% don't. The other 4% have been either friendzoned or taken.

2. I am not the one for small talk. I either talk and laugh and ignore the fact that I'm very audible sometimes or I don't make a conversation at all. I don't want to know 'whats up?'.

3.  Yes. I get mood swings. No . That doesn't mean that you assume I'm on my period. I have expectations. But I dont say them out loud. Instead I pick a small situation and go ballistic on your ass because of something you did or didn't months back. Such a keeper right?

4. If a guy flirts with me, I laugh inexplicably and raise my hand for an up-top like ," Man ! I love that you referenced 'Prince of Bell Air'.  Guy: *blank look* um. What? Me : okay then *walks away*

5. I have some hurt. Not going to elaborate.

6. Nicholas fucking Sparks raised my bloody expectations. Like, hey! Name a star after me. Hey, you be the bad guy. Ill be the good girl that saves you. *Real life scenario* : I try that. What results after that can probably be briefed into that scene from the movie 'Pixels' where the old Japanese dude tries to talk his bad pacman son out of his evil ways , after which pacman eats his hand. Like, fuck you motherfucker.

7. I watch way too many romantic movies. Baically, I want my life to be a happy ending from '10 Things I hate about you'. *RIP Heath. We love you*

8. So I'd like to be brutally honest here. So you know the 'Paradox of Choice' right?  Yeah well.  So Im like, what if I'm with this person and 'the one' comes along? I don't want to hurt nobody. I am not that bitch. So I wait. * Dies Alone*

9. My version of a boyfriend is highly unrealistic.  He's a figment of my ambivalent imagination. I mean hell, I believe in 'The One'. I mean, whats next? Santa is real and he has a pet unicorn that farts rainbows and all our dreams come true? Like HEY ! Romantic movies should come with a disclaimer that says ' all characters and the POTENTIAL of them existing in real life, are not real. AT. ALL. '


10. I am blessed to have some real amazing men in my life, in the form of a father, best friends and family. They kinda raise the bar everytime. Damn you, you ...you...PeopleWhoMakeThisDifficultBecauseYou'reAmazingHumanBeingsAndILoveYou.
That's it. Happy realization day . Goodbye then. 





Comments

  1. Ermagad, this is 100% me; it's like reading my own thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your blog was a bad idea. I can't like you less if you're weird.

    I'm commenting on this post specifically because #8 kills me the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We Refuse to Sink

I refuse to be sad when there are so many chances that need to be taken.  I refuse to give up even though walking on a tight rope was not something I did. So what if I lost my balance ? Its never too late to get it back. Its never to late for anything.  You might not achive the exact goal that you have in your mind. Its a perception. But know that  when you feel that you haven't gotten there, you already have. You took a chance with life. You readily gave up your mind and became a hopless lover. You gave up your heart and chose to walk alone. You never gave up on your big dreams even though some other douchebag took away your big cupcake.  You did what you had to..to move on.  You had the courage to not give up. You tried.  And that, made all the difference.  

On Love

Love is a hug lasting for 20 seconds extra.  Love is having a crappy day and coming to an old friend selling  you SHEV puri. One that makes all your worries go away. Love is your dad sending you messages that start with  'Check your common sense'. Love is  friends giving you proxies after calling you  a bitch. Love is when your mother teams up with you so you can  pick on your jackass  sibling. Love is the jackass sibling doing your chores(while on a rant). Love is a a dog. Love is a kiss that's given immediately  after you declare that you hated the previous  one. Love is gossiping  with your grandmother over a packet of Lays. Love is 'A walk to Remember'. Love is when she tells her,  that  she loves her better than any guy ever could. Love is when you turn down the lights and put on your head phones. When you love yourself. Love is when he tells you that it's okay if you move on.  That even that won't  change his love for you. Love is new start

The Problem with ' Whatever'

 "So,  Stairway to Heaven or Sweet home Alabama? " WHATEVER man.  Play whatever.  " Hey babe,  do you think I should paint my nails purple or black? " WHATEVER baby. You'll look great either way. " Giselle! Would you like  fish fingers or chicken pot roast? " WHATEVER will do. "... I slog all day and I don't even recieve a 'Hi mum,  you're home' " WHATEVER, MUM. " You know man,  you've been acting like a real dick lately" WHATEVER.  I think it matters have an opinion. I think it matters to give a definite or an unsure answer to someone's question, instead of a carelessly vague 'Whatever'. When she asks you about what colour  looks better,  tell her what you think.  If you hate both the options,  tell her that too.  If you think the purple reminds you of the time you first went second base on her,  tell her that.  She'll wear purple baby. If your mum asks you about food,  tell her.  S